Saturday, September 25, 2010

IKEA hell and more bad eating

So I've been assembling IKEA furniture for the past 4 days. Part of me despises it and part of me actually likes it. Such a strange relationship. Kind of like my relationship with sausage ... I love it when I'm hungry, but when I'm done, I feel cheap and dirty. Take today for example: we went to the Auchan (grocery store to stock up on basics) and leaving the place I had to get a sausage and fries. They were gone by the time we were halfway home and we live less than 10 minutes from the store. The day didn't end there, though. This evening we walked up to a new electronics store to get a washing machine, light bulbs and a microwave. On the way home I was so hungry we stopped into "Snack Istanbul" and i got two gyros and fries. I contained myself until we got home, but they, like their sausage cousin from earlier, lasted no more than a good five minutes. Now I'm in bed typing with a glass of wine. What a pathetic fat P.O.S. I'm going running tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, looks like we may have to make an IKEA trek in order to get bedside lamps and light fixtures. Dreading it, but it won't be so bad b.c they'll probably have sausage there, too.

2 comments:

  1. Food shame. Are you ready for your first mid-life 30 pound weight gain? Send photos.
    Still, sausage and fries sounds better than the American version of Burger With That?
    I feel your Ikea pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious, brother. Loving the posts, thanks!

    ReplyDelete