Friday, October 15, 2010

Apple Fest in Steinsel

Headed out last Saturday 8 clicks north of town to Steinsel for an apple festival and the prospect of "festival sausage" or F.S. as we like to call it ... "Will there be F.S. there? -Yeah. OK, we're in."

Only spent about 45 mins there and we did find some F.S. We also watched the locals making apple juice right there on the spot with old school equipment and picked up a few bottles. Rudy was very interested in the process. Here are a few shots of Roo and the applemen.



And since it was a festival, beer and F.S. were present. Here's a shot of Roo trying to steal my sausage and next pic is of me holding Roo and eating my sausage right in his face. Showing him who's the boss. He wouldn't even look at the camera. I ended up sharing. It's what a good dad does.



And here is a lovely shot of mom and boy enjoying more sausage at the apple fest. Pretty.


After the festival, Roo and I drove home and mom decided to run back through the forest. Sounded like it was a beautiful run, but I wouldn't know. I haven't said a word to my running shoes in 3 weeks. Too much sausage to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. You with a mouthful of sausage, Sara running home through the woods. It has all the makings of a fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta say, the pic of roo trying to steal the PS is classic - and is another mikey o look-a-like shot.

    ReplyDelete